Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Bev's Warp Painting Lesson



My friend Bev motored up from MD last week to paint two wool warps. One was a blue to green run and the other a navy-purple run. Note the picture above/left. Yup, that is Marie's Scientific Method of warp painting. Previously used Styrofoam cups, that is used previously for dye, bleached out and hoped there was no old dye lurking in those tiny crevices. Well, no it isn't actually Marie's Original Scientific Method, but one stollen from Sara and Molly. But they used acrylic cups and not Styrofoam....so it's kinda original, maybe. Ok, so it's not.

Above photo is the warp wrapped and steaming, well steaming once the lid was in place.

What? No pictures of the warp rinsed and dried? Nope. None.






After reading Charlene's blog (http://fibernut.com/blog/, like a good lemming, I stained my new spinning chair. Pretty, no?

Windows are open. There is a hint of Spring in the air and a rumor that it will arrive. Eventually.


You know, the "preview", which I liked, is nothing at all like it actually appears on the blog. I don't understand. Off to ponder this conundrum.



3 Comments:

Blogger Charleen said...

Aw, come on! I want pictures of the dyed warp too.

The spinning chair looks very cool.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

You have that funny light source too, like Charleen. I'm thinking it is some strange fireball in the sky, but we, West Coasters, only hear rumors about it.

Nice warps!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

I know you Left Coasters have never seen this rare orb. The scientific term for it is "sun":D

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!