Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Look at what I just bought


I always wanted to weave and I always wanted to weave rugs. As a weaver-wannabe I found a "good deal" and bought a loom. Little did I know that not all looms are rug looms. So I wove a sleazy rug. Lesson well learned, though the rug is still used in the kitchen. It's not pretty but I spent a lot of time knocking that baby out so I use it.

The other night I was perusing weaving sale lists for used looms and found a 2h 36" wide Union Loom and it lives only 2 hours away. The best part is it's a "good deal"! I was going to pick it up today but due to illness in the sellers family today's pick up was cancelled . I'm hoping to bring 'er home this weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger Charleen said...

Woot! Soon you'll be churning out those rugs.

2:52 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

OK, buying is fun. Good deals are fun. Buying a loom that is a good deal: Way Fun!

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!