Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Musings on a winter's afternoon











My dogs on a cold winter's day, longing for..........














warmer days to come.
Me too!




It has been a long while since last I wrote. So many things have happened and things to come in the near future I'd imagine. I've been away frequently dealing with an ill Mother and eventually moving her into assisted living. It has been very hard on her and she accepted it kicking and screaming. It has not been easy or pleasant. I do hope I grow old being a kinder and gentler person. However, I thought I'd reach this age looking like Katherine Hepburn. I never looked like her to begin with, but a person can dream can't she? I just don't want to grow old being helpless and angry at those who love me and help me. In pondering my way of life, growing as old as my Mother is highly unlikely. Humph!


I finally did finish knitting one sweater during the earlier stages of the Mom Saga. The sleeves are tight which speaks to the change in gauge and state of mind. I think I may have been a wee "uptight". But it's finished, tight sleeves and large neck. It'll make a fine barn sweater. Then I started another sweater, a cardigan in alpaca. I got it started a day or two before one of my flights back out to AZ. It was going well during that particular trip until more Mother drama. It needs to be frogged back. Perhaps even ripped out all together and a fresh new start. Someday.


There are either two or three rugs finished on the loom with the final one, half way to the end. Odd verbiage, but I like that! As usual, my poor camera with fluorescent lighting does not give accurate color, but here is the latest:

So, to my minions, that is my whine. Pass the cheese, please!










































































































10 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

Wishing you better days ahead, Marie. I had high hopes upon getting out of 2009, but it appears that 2010 is more of the same for many of us.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I can understand why you didn't write. I went through that about eight years ago. It was horrible - the most unsatisfactory solution ever. I have gone over and over it, wondering if I missed an alternative solution. Alternative solutions require money and I had none. I will not end like that. I told my kids, lacking alternatives, I'll go for a walk in a show storm, wearing summer clothes.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Valerie, you're right of course, but I do try and find the humor in much of this. If I shared the "funny" aspects, ya'll would have me locked up in the looney bin. Not the Funny Farm. I already live there!

Sharon, I think I calculated $204,000 per year for in-home care. How do people pay for this I wonder.
I told my kids to put me out on an ice floe...with tv, chips and an adult beverage.

2:10 PM  
Blogger beadlizard said...

We're dealing with that with my grandparents -- looks as if they'll continue to live at home (with dozens of stairs!) for a while longer. My SIL and I would love to move them down here to a nice assisted living center near us, but my mom and aunt are irrational about it. Gm and Gf are pretty mellow (Gm will be 100 in a month) and just trying not to be a bother. A truly decent friend of my cousin's stops by daily and helps out now -- Gm just started needing help with laundry and such about two months ago. They never expected to live so long -- I've always had that attitude about me, too, what with the cancers and all, and I'm starting to think -- what if I last? Need to plan better so I don't end up being a burden.

Hope your year takes a turn for the better. We think about you all the time here -- love the black rugs!

4:32 PM  
Blogger Spindlers2 said...

Sorry it has been so tough. Good to see you back!

11:37 AM  
Blogger Paul and Cheri said...

So absolutely wonderful to have you back again! And just know you have plenty of support out here in blogland. The best we can hope for is poise and grace! Many hugs to you.

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:05 PM  
Blogger DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

I happy to know that you're back and blogging. I wish you a better 2010. We are going through the same thing with my Gma, only that my mom is her home health care nurse, it's awful all around. I'll send you some calming prayers.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to have you posting again sweetie! Miss you! Can't believe it's been nearly 2!!!!!!!! years since I've seen you. Have to get up there sometime. Loveya, Dalis

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting article as for me. It would be great to read more about this matter. Thanx for sharing this material.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!