Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Making of a blanket II

Oops, Part I is dated January 4, so go and see the dye process that I remembered to photograph.

Today is design on the fly. The colors look nothing like this, but what the hell, this is how
they'll go down in my wee pictorial weaving and dyeing history.

A few bouts hanging over the castle nice and neat.



Designing ...yikes!

Looks tidy in the front of the loom


A closer view at some point


I'm a little over half done on this 40" of questionable color placement debacle. I don't think I'll get very far tomorrow due to other commitments.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

ooh, fabulous! Looks like spring colors to me. Love the ikat/painted warp mix.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Charleen said...

Love it, Marie. Is the last picture (the close up) closer to the real colors? This is the baby blanket, right?

3:00 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Wow, that is great. It's going to be fabulous woven up. Can't wait to see it!

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marie, I just finished weaving the ikat/painted warp mix we did together. I will send you a picture. It turned out great! Can't wait to see your weft choice here.

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!