Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Monday, November 20, 2006

The Shawl









It's done! Fringe is beaded and twisted, shawl is washed and pressed and I am done, done, done!

I'm taking a break right now. I just mixed up three double batches of cookies and I'm mixing up the brine for the turkey. The turkey met his Maker today. He is the first aggressive turkey we've ever raised and I say "good riddance" to his sorry *ss.
Ten chickens also crossed the Rainbow Bridge with another 7 or so to go. The Funny Farm has been bustin' with activity.

Tomorrow I'll make the Spanokopita and maybe the pies. Wednesday I'll clean the first floor. I've already cleaned the 2nd and the 3rd floors. Now the kids and their kidlets can come to a clean home. It's amazing the Health Dept has not been pounding on my door.

Maybe I can get my daughter to model the shawl, or maybe my sons. Unlimited models will be arriving Wednesday night.

I made a killer Cream of Mushroom Soup the other night and if I have a chance, will post that tomorrow or next week. I have the Artichoke Bisque recipe out on the counter with the requisite artichokes defrosted. Now to make it......................

5 Comments:

Blogger Leigh said...

Congratulations! The shawl is gorgeous. I love the colors. And your cranberry horseradish dressing looks pretty good too.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

oooh, beautimous! Sounds like lots of good food, and lots of good company soon. And isn't a clean house a marvel? Wonder why I don't do it more often. . .

7:37 AM  
Blogger Charleen said...

Beautiful shawl!

Will an aggressive turkey taste any different? I'm sure those cookies won't last long with your crowd. Have fun with the family. Happy Thanksgiving!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Maus said...

beautiful shawl, its just gorgeous!!
hope you had a good feast, you raise your own turkeys?? do you know if they like growing at altitude (9400 feet)?

8:33 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

That shawl is beautiful. I love the colors.

5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!