Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sunday on The Farm

I saw the pigs in the upper pond today and ran back to the house to grab the camera. Yup, by the time I got back they were out of the pond. Please introduce yourselves to Snow White and Poka Dot.














For your viewing pleasure, here is Poka Dot once again.


















Just one of the sheep saying hello to me.











Fall at the Funny Farm














I'm working on the fifth rug on the Union and will finish it up tonight. Tomorrow they'll be hemmed and the other loom will be warped. That's my plan. Pictures one of these days soon.

What I *think* I've learned (remember, the rugs are still on the loom):

--1 thicker rugs are more interesting
--2 thicker rugs take (me) twice as long
--3 thinner rugs are fast
--4 6 epi (doubled) is a prettier rug
--5 I prefer lots of contrast in the fabrics
--6 4 rag shuttles is not enough
--7 I'm wondering if doubled warp as weft for the hems is enough. As careful as I am I'm afraid the draw-in will still be too much. I think about this every time I look at the 2 rugs in the bathroom.
--8 Making a list is really procrastination and I need to finish that last rug.

Are you watching the World Series? It's "your duty, Judy"!

1 Comments:

Blogger Charleen said...

All the pictures are great, but the last one is drop dead gorgeous! It looks like an oil painting. You should frame it!

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!