Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Arbitrary Warp

Charleen asked if the warp was threaded randomly and the answer is yes and no. I wound the warp using 6 balls of yarn all at once, in 4 colors. In that regard it is planned, kind of. When I threaded the reed I threaded from each 6 thread grouping but not necessarily keeping any order. There is some order or patterning in the warp but no consistently so. Clear as mud?

1 Comments:

Blogger Charleen said...

Hey, I followed that perfectly. Of course it might just say something about my thought processes too!

I like that idea. It could be the first step in the direction of random sleying for me.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!