Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Friday, June 09, 2006

Suicide among weavers





I wonder if there is a statistic of suicidal weavers, specifically weavers who find THIS after weaving about 1 yard. How did I not see this after beaming? What you see in this picture is
not the solution, for sure.









Alas, after a few stiff drinks and a long imploring prayer, I wound the warp to the cloth beam and back to the back beam.













This hopes to become a tablecloth. The colors are an orange/red, yellow and deep green with a blue base. It will be a tablecloth at some point. The sett is 18 at 24" wide, four panels to be sewn together (ick!) .







...and, I'm carving spoons. I've only carved one other spoon, about 3 years ago. It's resting on the mallet. In the middle is a piece of maple (I think) with two spoons "in progress". I'm in Birthday Month and have requested some new tools as gifts. We'll see if the Evil Spawns respond to the request.

3 Comments:

Blogger Charleen said...

Hmmm. Birthday month huh? Maybe we should have a June visit to the Funny Farm, eh Claudia?

I'm sorry for your warp woes but I can't help remember the one with the crucifix and can of beams hanging off of it. I've got to find that picture!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

What kind of tools do you use to carve spoons? I've always been interested, but I can't seem to find out what kind of tools you use. I like your spoons!

6:30 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

Jennifer, I use gouges and scorps and lots and lots of sandpaper from the coarsest grist to the finest (automotive). Google Woodcraft and you'll find a catalog full of gouges and scorps!

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!