Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Spring has sprung and the rug is done





This past week was beautiful. Warmth and sun. The tree buds are opening (aaahchooo) and the pastures are turning green.





Here is one doe with her two kids.




Whose pants are these, anyway?
I begged all I knew for their jeans so I suppose you could say this was a community project. There is 84 yards of braid, 252 yards of strips that were sewn and pressed into quarters. I still have yards and yards left but the rug was getting too heavy. I'll either make more braided rugs or use the strips for weaving a denim rug. I was initially worried when I put it on the floor. It looked like a giant sombrero. I had to stomp on it for a few minutes before it lay flat. Nothing like a good Mexican Hat Dance.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Fabulous, looks great, and just in time for *mud season*!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Charleen said...

I love the rug. I wish I would have been there for the hat dance!

Is one of those kids Fawn?

5:43 PM  
Blogger Thistle Cove Farm said...

Your rug is fabulous!

God's blessings on you, yours and the work of your hands,

Sandra

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!