Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Yes, I am shallow

...but I have sheep. Where are the rest of them I wonder? Probably in the barn avoiding the rain. It is raining, we need rain and rumor has it that we're in for a drought.

Yes, I watch American Idol. I'm bummed. Chris was voted off. I like Elliott but I doubt he is mainstream enough to win. Just "idol" ramblings.

I watch Grey's Anatomy too. So sue me. Quite a season finale. I'd go into the sexual tension thing but I'm too lazy. Nor will I discuss Izzy and Denny.


I have oodles of bits and pieces that I've accumulated over the years. I have no idea what this will be. Perhaps a scarf. I'm simply using up odd lots. I like to at least *look* busy.

I bought 40#s of loopers. Lesson learned: ask about the fiber content. It is a mixed batch which I sorted through. The house looked like a lint factory. Lesson #2: throw loopers in the dryer, stick around and empty out the filter every 2 minutes. There is a fair amount of cotton loopers but I fear the rest are of some synthetic mixture. I'll need to order some disperse dye so I can get some color goin' on.

The rug loom is ready but I'm not. I need to order more rug warp. I have some 8/4 but I don't want to run short. I have a fair amount of rug wool but I think I'll practice on cotton first. I've read over 9,000 messages/posts on Rug Talk. Even took notes. Actually a lot of cut 'n paste. I really wish they'd talk more about wool rugs. Wool rugs on a 2 shaft loom. I don't seem to post to lists often any longer. I fear being mentioned on KnitFlame. Not really, but the thought has crossed my mind.

I think I'll end these ramblings on this rainy Tuesday.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Lovely sheep shot!

It is said you should face your fears: shall I post a flame?, then you'd be done with it.

I *have* wanted to flame someone (not you) but I just rant to myself. Not very satisfying.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

Oh my! If you do "flame" me I shall start a rumor that you watch American Idol AND the occasional soap opera. In short, I am not yet ready to face my fears.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Charleen said...

Too tired to flame anyone, but I will admit to watching Grey's Anatomy, too!

I would practice on cotton warp too. Maybe one day I'll actually make another rug.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Nice sheep picture! Good story (much earlier) about dyeing day for your pink curtains. Nasty pesky people.

When I have bits and pieces of left over beautiful yarns, I put on a cotton warp and make purses and bags.

4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!