Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Friday, May 26, 2006

Ramblings of no consequence

Barn E. Cat and Pecan. It's a shame this photo doesn't show the dramatic size difference between the two. I took a picture of these two plus McGregor but when I reduced the picture they all looked like Flat Stanley. Pretty funny.

<----I need a new rug and I won't even talk about the floor! This 99% acrylic coiled rug is about 40% melted from popping embers.

<-------I should clean out the fireplace but I keep thinking we won't need any more fires and I'll clean it "then". I'm wrong. As usual.

The Walford School's third grade class was at Journey's End Farm (across the road from me) this week and I cooked lunch and dinner for three of the five days they were here. You should hear these kids sing! Quite a group. One boy came up to me yesterday and asked me what I was making for dinner. I told him and included all of the ingredients as I figured "that" was his bottom line. He said "ok" and walked about four steps away, turned and said, "I've failed to mention that I've enjoyed all of your meals and have found the food to be exceptional". Third grade? Hell, my friends don't talk that way. I luckily had the presence of mind to stiffle my laugh and thanked him instead.

I completed the purple scarf and have a gold/rust/brown scarf on the loom now. I'm also winding warp for a table cloth. Why buy one when you can weave your own at 3 xs the cost? I hope to get some more weaving in today but first I must goof off and do nothing of consequence. I want get up the hill to a friend's nursery to buy some herbs for the garden, which still is not in...but few have their gardens in yet.

We watched Four Brothers last night. I loved it, but then I'm fairly easy to entertain. We also saw the newest Longest Yard. Silly but fun. Why am I telling you this? Just because.

3 Comments:

Blogger Charleen said...

Ha! 3xs the cost - funny but true! How are you making the tablecloth? Are you doing doubleweave or stitching it together? I'd love to make one but haven't figured out the logistics yet.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

I must remember to include details! It's sett at 18 epi, four panels to be sewn together. I seriously thought about two panels woven doubleweave then changed my mind. I need more practice with doubleweave. I know it's not brain surgery but it can involve therapy if not going well.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

They are of consequence! Like chatting over the back fence.

How nice of you to cook for those kids, and how nice they can sing for you in return!

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!