Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Monday, October 02, 2006

Promised Pictures








Here is a picture of Dave and The Girls at work. What a pretty picture.








On one loom I have The Arbitrary Warp. This is destined to become a jacket. I'm stretching the weft by using two colors. Not too shabby.









The looper rug. Yeah, I know. I should have used blue or navy warp, but this is what is on the loom and I was curious about using loopers. I am so underwhelmed, but I'll get over it. If anyone has suggestions I am open for your comments. I can't wait to finish it so I can get the better rugs off and hemmed.





This photo is for Sue. She and Tanya drove up from MD several years ago and Sue could not imagine me getting another loom in here. Well, here it is. I wish I could have stood back further to get a broader view but the picker and carder were in my way. No, I wasn't going to move that table. I should take a picture of that corner...NOT! Rather like the part of the yurt Sara refused to take a picture of. In the far left hand corner you can see some of my new rug warp. There is another full shelf above that you can't see. Just pretend.





2 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

cool! Love the colors of the rug warp, and the nice little shelves it fits on. And I totally understand the *no pictures* corner.

Knitting needle arrived! Thank you, :-)

S.

5:51 AM  
Blogger Charleen said...

I like the jacket fabric. I can't see a pattern - did you sley the warp randomly. I have real problems doing random. I always end up coming up with some repeating pattern. Whatever you did - it looks good!

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!