Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Sunday, October 01, 2006

All dressed up and no place to go


Here I am with The Girls. Our friend Dave, the guy in the red hat, uses his draft horses for logging, sleigh and hay rides. He was logging across the street the other day and gave me a call to come see The Girls in action. So I did. Aren't I fetching? (I had just finished cleaning one of the hen houses. Can you say "stinky"? I won't say who or which stunk more.) Ira, to the right, was just walking back from cleaning the tanks at the sap house. In fact The Guys are quite colorful in this picture, brought to you by Himself.

This was the second sweater I had knit some million years ago. You can see I didn't have a handle on decreasing by ?% for the bottom band. I just knew I didn't want to look like a balloon, so instead I look sloppy. The sleeves are long enough for an ape. But hey. It's a great barn sweater and it fits everyone!

I've been weaving and knitting. Pictures at 11 or whenever I get "round tuit".

4 Comments:

Blogger Charleen said...

Great picture! Those horses are huge! I like the sweater. Do you remember the design? It would be a good way to use up leftover yarns.

5:06 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

You are too cute, barn sweater or no. Huge horses though!

5:27 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I just found your blog and I definitely recognize the sweater.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

Hello, Nancy! If you clicked for a follow up comment and read this, email me at: lilmccoy@gmail.com

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!