Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Monday, November 13, 2006

Newest project





I painted the warp this past summer. I believe there is a picture of it in one of the summer months archive. I'm quite pleased with it. It's 6/2 cotton set at 18 epi.

I'm sleep deprived. For the past three nights, two Creatures from the Wild have decided to visit the farm and get the dogs going. Whatever they are they have a god awful speaking voice. They sound like a squeaky cat fight. No, not bobcats. They scream. Perhaps goofy raccoons? Any ideas? I can only see their yellow eyes that are set widely apart. It's dark out folks. That's all that is visible. Any and all ideas are welcome.

Corned Beef and Cabbage/Potatoes tomorrow night. Put the CB in the CP (crockpot) and pour enough water to cover it. If the corned beef has a package of seasoning, add it. Let it cook all day. Boil potatoes about 45 minutes before serving. I put some of the broth from the crock pot into the potato water. When the potatoes are almost done I add the cabbage and cook until slightly tender. I like crunchy cabbage. Serve with crusty dark bread that you baked freshly that day. Or bought at the store.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

cool! Table runner? towels? clothing? IMWTK.

s.

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Oh, your warp is awesome. I love painted warps. So beautiful. Good job. :>)

Judy

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

coyote?

4:02 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Oh! That painted warp is gorgeous! I love the colors. Can't wait to see the weaving.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!