Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Monday, November 06, 2006

Unrelated thoughts

I didn't cook anything of note this week. I made ham and bean soup for Sunday. Oh, and some biscuits. Not brain surgery.

I warped both looms this weekend. I finished one rug for a friend. She bought chenille many years ago specifically for weaving a rug. She asked if I'd weave it for her. I loved weaving with the chenille and hope I can find the same weight. I used the McMorran Balance and it calculates this chenille to be around 275 a pound. R&M Yarns comes the closest to that weight, but no cigar. Once the warp is woven off there will be more rug pictures.

I used Leigh's technique for warping the 4 shaft loom. See her sidebar under the heading of warp tension. I love the results. I had only two jugs, but on a narrow 18" warp it worked out fine. I warp F2B and the front beam was the support for the warp and the dangling jugs so I didn't have any issues with tipping piano benches! Now to gather up some more 1/2 gallon jugs for the wider warps. I need to weave this warp off quickly and throw on at least two more warps for potential Christmas gifts. Crunch time begins now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leigh said...

Marie, I'm delighted that the milk jug warping weights worked out well for you too. The rings really do make it easier. Like you, I'm collecting more jugs for wider warps.

And thanks so much for the link!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Charleen said...

I'm not even going to mention the dangling jugs (oops! I just did!)

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!