Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Cooking With Intention

Carolyn has been in a cooking slump, which I find very hard to believe. My offering of this week's recipe would have been more timely, however Hughes Network has had us off-line since late Saturday night. We're still off-line with satellite so, in desperation, we are back on dial-up until an astronaut lands on the satellite and rectifies the problem.

Linguni with White Clam Sauce:

I always have canned clams and juice in the pantry so this is my default meal when in a bind

Ingredients:

1/2 medium red onion, minced

8 cloves garlic, minced

1/2 Olive Oil

3/4 C Italian parsley chopped

1 t red pepper flakes (I use 1T)

140z baby clams (I double this since we love clams)

1 bottle clam juice

1/4 C white wine

1 T butter

1/4 C Parmesan cheese or Pecorino-Romano

1# linguini or vermacelli or angel hair pasta

Saute onions in some of the olive oil until translucent. Add the garlic and continue to slowly saute. In a food processor, pour in the remaining olive oil and parsley and whiz it a bit. Add to the sauce pan along with the red pepper flakes. Cook until mushy. Add the white wine, the liquid from the canned clams and the bottle of clam juice. Reduce the volume by about half or until people are screaming to eat. Add the clams and butter and cook for a few more minutes. Before serving, add the grated Parmesan. I'm sure you already know how to cook up the pasta. If not, off with your head!

1 Comments:

Blogger Another Shade of Grey said...

I am embarassed to admit this, but I have never had clams. Of course, they're not readily available in this part of the country. I am in a cooking slump as well. If I can find clams I might try this recipe. Thanks.

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!