Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Monday, December 04, 2006

Holiday Gifts

I bought 3 silk scarves from Dharma Trading Company, all are 60" long. Sixty inches of dye painting entertainment.





I particularly like this scarf. It looks like a stormy seaside sky and will be a Christmas gift for my SIL who sails off the coast of San Diego.






This one has similar colors but has an overall different look to it though it is not evident in this photo. You'll have to take my word for it. I think my daughter will get this work of art.


Mom loves bright colors. And these are bright. So that is three more gifts.



I wove another rag rug this morning and perhaps will start another before I saunter off to bed. There are four on the cloth beam now. Two will be for the kitchen, one for a bathroom and the other I wove for a friend.

Sent the almost-yearlings off to market yesterday and 3 boar does are sold and scheduled to move tomorrow. I think we have one more trip to market slated and that will be it for the year. Some of the does are looking mighty chubby and I think I saw some "he'in and she'in in late summer, so we may have some kids and lambs starting soon. But who knows. Our careful breeding schedule went out of the window when we moved here. Eventually we'll have separate housing. Year 'round youngins' isn't all that bad. I won't go into why winter/early spring births are better because either you don't need the info or if you're in the business you already know. So there!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Verra nice, Princess. Silk is just such a nice gift, eh? Makes everyone feel rich and well loved.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Leigh said...

The scarves are lovely! What fun it must have been to dye them.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!