Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Monday, January 15, 2007

Straight from India!

A young friend of mine just returned from India after working there for 3 months. She brought back this beautiful shawl/sari for me. Mim said that as she'd walk down the road she would see women sitting on the ground winding string round and round small segments on a
larger piece of fabric.

You can see that this light weight cotton piece was folded in half, then tied and dyed. The background is a khaki color and the circles are gold, white and rose. The dyes are vegetable dyes so won't be wash fast.


Meanwhile, here at the farm...we had one black (goat) kid born last month and 2 nice size (read: hefty) white corrie ram lambs, born this evening.

In other news, I've been a dyeing fool and trying to remember to take photos every step. Unsuccessful in the memory area, but the dyeing got done. I've woven about 18 yards of jacket fabric and hope to get it off the loom tomorrow. Then I can finally put the newly dyed warp on the loom.

(and in closing) One of my egg customers is interested in a custom rag rug for his kitchen. We'll see if this comes to fruition.

Venison stew for dinner. And for the last two nights. I'm holiday cooked out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Charleen said...

That's very cool, Marie. It looks like it was embroidered.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Maus said...

18 yards!!!!!
Please excuse me while I scramble up from the floor:)

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!