Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Ta Da!

The Blanket, He is Done


The final piece measures 33" x 58": in the reed 39.25, off the loom prior to washing 36". The length measured 64" under tension and 60" before washing. It only shrunk 1" after a few very hot washes and a trip to the dryer.

The warp was set at 8epi but I could have, and probably should have set it at 10. I beat it moderately but now realize I could have wacked it more firmly. The blanket has a soft hand and I am very pleased with it (sorta, kinda). I don't think it will hold up for many babies. Maybe just a few.

I took pictures of this blanket all day. I tried different locations throughout the house. I tried different lighting, with and without flash. For the life of me I cannot get true color though I got some interesting color ideas.

I learn something new with each project . I learned to always go with my gut. It's not the first time I learned this. I just need to trust my instincts.



Good Mama Award goes to:

Aussie with her twin ram lambs








Today's Through the Window Photo

Three Brown Sheep

HayLee, GooDee and Soot

4 Comments:

Blogger Leigh said...

The blanket is great! I would never have dreamed of using such a bright yellow, but it works really well with the other colors you chose. And that lamb pic is adorable!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Spindlers2 said...

Oh, love the blanket! You don't really want it, do you?

3:00 AM  
Blogger Charleen said...

I love it, Marie, even if the colors I'm seeing aren't exactly what you're seeing :-) I wouldn't worry about the sett, the baby is really going to appreciate the soft hand.

4:50 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Lovely! I wouldn't worry about the sett: with a wider sett, the dyed colors would not show up as much, they'd be obscured more by the weft. If the hand is soft, it's perfect!

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!