Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Tear Out My Hair Rugs




Color chips -vs- dye














Clasped rug
colors: blues to lavenders to pink
single weft rags
36" x 72"
set at 8 epi doubled (16 ends/inch)








Detailed view














Same colors but adding a new color as one ran out.
Doubled weft
36" x 70"









Detail














Yellows and greens with Laura Ashley print
36" x 60"













BarnE Cat and his rooster














































5 Comments:

Blogger Spindlers2 said...

Love the rugs - and the cat! BarnE is nearly as beautiful as Barni :-)

Carol

12:55 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

The rug is wonderful. Color chips - does that mean you dyed the rags or searched for fabric in those hues?

I can't believe your cat has a wood rooster for a friend. We have one. Charlie has never given it a second look. I put the rooster on his bed to see what happens.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Carol, is one of your "mogs" Barni? I didn't realize that.

Sharon, I dyed the rags to attempt matching the color chips. Quite a job, thus pulling out my hair!

8:28 PM  
Blogger Bev said...

My Gawd... these are beautiful!!! I've been "off the grid" lately because Granddaughter is in Charleston and I've been going back and forth.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

What beautiful rugs! Something for me to aspire too!

Holly

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!