Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Bent Dent




...or a dented dent? Not good either way. This is the only 60" reed I have. Luckily it's off to the far side, but when weaving a wide piece, as this tablecloth was, it is a problem.
See?
However, I found I could scoot the warp threads in place.
Finished piece. After a vigorous wash, dry and a heavy ironing, there is no evidence of "scooted" warp threads.

3 Comments:

Blogger Leigh said...

It turned out very well indeed. Too bad about that dent. I don't suppose there's any way to straighten it.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Charleen said...

I'm with Leigh - don't you think you could try to bend the one piece of metal? I'll let you know Ken's prices. I need one for the CB loom and I'd like a new 12 dent for my Macomber.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Leigh and Charleen,
I've tried prying the piece but it just pops back into place. I have thought long and hard on this problem but haven't come up with anything other than heating and bending. I'm afraid that it would make that one bar weak, or even worse, making surrounding bars weak.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!