Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

January on The Farm

5/2 Mercerized Valley Cotton
Bronze, Gold, Moss Green

Doubleweave
37" in reed (74" off the loom)
32 epi (16 epi per layer)

Marie's tablecloth

I haven't decided on weft color yet. I'm leaning towards the bronze. The warp will sit until Ms. Indecisive can make up her mind.


Pigs in the cellar

Winter - View of the front pond and stream





Backyard
Where is the back pond?
I just started a rug on the Union while I debate the weft for the table cloth. I'm playing with color ideas with the rug, attempting to stretch one prepared weft.
While avoiding knitting the final sleeve on my sweater I've knit about 18 pairs of socks. The handspun stash is finally thinning! Why haven't I finished the sweater? I think it will be a bit too small. I may be able to block it out or I may just have to lose weight. Blocking is easier!

6 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

My handspun stash is also thinning, but I have plenty of stock to make more. I need to do something about my stock! I don't know what I think about my sweaters. I don't like any of them, and were they for sale, I wouldn't buy them. I'm swatching for another but wonder - why?

10:17 PM  
Blogger beadlizard said...

My husband bought a SCALE that shows BODY FAT % and thus I am losing weight before knitting another sweater. Yikes.

My handspun stash is pretty much just leftovers, maybe enough matching yarn for a few pairs of socks but definitely no sweater lots left. I knit a lot faster than I spin...

Love the tablecloth colors. Offsets the gray of winter. Brrr.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Kathleen C. said...

Well, that'll teach the pigs to stay out of the cellar!

I love the colors on your warp... so rich!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Charleen said...

Don't freshly warped looms just make your heart sing! I love those brilliant colors. I was actually just sitting here thinking about dyeing some 5/2 when I saw your pictures. Now I'm thinking I should buy some ready to go as I don't know if I could get something as brilliant. Just beautiful! Is the fold in the upper left quadrant?

8:04 AM  
Blogger Charleen said...

Oh, and I purposely ignored the pig pic :-)

8:05 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

Charleen, the fold will be on the right. I wanted that section of color wider than the other sections so that any draw-in would be less noticable (or is that -ible?). Usually color changes are applied there, but then if the stripe is more narrow than the others, it would show. I think my stripes are 1/2", 1" and maybe 2".

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!