Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Can You Say "Cheese"?




Bob has been milking the cows down the road and has been bringing his work home with him. We're lucky the goats aren't freshened. If they were, I'd be forced to leave home. My house smells like cheese. The cellar smells liked aged cheese, because well, there is aged cheese down there. Stinky! The Gouda is aging for 3 weeks before coating it in wax. The Mantasio dries for a week then Himself smokes it on an open fire. I've found that if you crumble up the dud cheese, and there have been a few, pop it in the microwave for one minute. Instant cheese puffs! Crunchy, cheesy goodness.

8 Comments:

Blogger DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

That's making me really, really, really did I say really hungry. Wow homemade cheese what a luxury, I know you say stinky, but yummy.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

I am moving to your house.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Spindlers2 said...

Oh my!! I'm drooling. You are so cruel to taunt us like this, all that lovely weaving and cheese too.

12:51 PM  
Blogger beadlizard said...

I actually have a special refrigerated holds-in-the-odor-rather-well container now for transporting goat cheese I buy for DH -- got weary of people staring at me strangely on the bus.

Forwarded your post link to Joy, who bought cheese making supplies to take back to India. --Syl

5:22 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Oh, what fun! Wish my house smelled like cheese.

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better than orange sucky things? (grin)

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I'm new to the WeaveRing and I've been enjoying your blog. Somehow I missed the duckling picture until today. Ducks do seem to be morsels on legs. We had a little flock until a few years ago when we moved into town. What kind are yours? How's the count? Our runners made nests, but couldn't be bothered to sit on them consistently. Ducklings and cheeses! Heaven!

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Behold the power of cheese. . ."
*grin* YUM!!!

Hey, on your seaming, have you tried the invisible ladder stitch? Not the embroidery one -- the one used to abutt two pieces of fabric together and sew them up so that the seam is nearly invisible?

I'm sure you could Google it and find some examples.

Cheers,
Jane

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!