Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Monday, May 12, 2008

More about seams

After washing, drying and ironing, I don't like the seam. I think it would be less noticeable if the seams were solid in color and not painted. I put it on the bed and I think it's really too narrow for my taste. Bob and I are both blanket thieves, so the only one comfortably warm would be the dog who sleeps in the middle. Our Little Birth Control Pill. I will probably use it as a table cloth, but I know every time I sit at the table my eyes will zero in on the seams and I'll hate it. Anyone who walks into the dining room will be regaled with stories of how hard I tried to do a better job and how many different techniques I experimented with. These people will have me committed. I'll be happier "away" because I won't have to see the damned seams.
This yardage of 8/2 cotton has been waiting to become a table cloth for a few years. It was cut into 4 panels and basted. I overlapped the red stripe over the yellow selvage by 3/8" and basted.
I flipped the piece over and basted the other side, the yellow to the red. I have basted two sets of two together and will machine sew fake top stitched french seams (or side seams to jeans). I'm debating about reversing colors in the bobbin to hide the stitching even more. I do have red thread but I'm out of yellow. Or perhaps I'll hand stitch with red. A daunting thought!

I should have done the same on the green piece. To late! Taking out those stitches is more than this Moron could handle.


3 Comments:

Blogger Bev said...

What seam??

7:03 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I'm thinking that, unless you're eating alone, a tablecloth is going to be looked across, not at. It's lovely.

9:26 PM  
Blogger beadlizard said...

When I feel that way about a piece, I sell it.

That being said, you're nuts! Get over it! The cloth is GORGEOUS. --syl

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!