Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Friday, March 28, 2008

Red Star Towels


I managed to weave 5 towels from the recommended warp length, instead of 4. I wove 4 of the pictured towel on the left. The final towel, which I made longer, is on the right. I wove a border at each end of 13 horizontal star stripes and the center was woven in vertical stripes. Another warp in navy is waiting to be put on the loom and I have no idea when I'll get it on. I've been busy sewing 240 yds of 2" cotton strips together. I'm now ironing those strips. I hate to iron. And wash windows.

4 Comments:

Blogger DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

Your towels are beautiful, I like the stars in them, really pretty.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Bev said...

Okay, you just knocked my socks off with these towels. I want the "recipe" !!! I love the clean, crisp look of the red and white.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Charleen said...

I agree with Bev. They are crisp and clean looking. Just what you need to take your mind off of MUD!!

That's a lot of ironing. I recommend drinking to take your occupy your mind. I mean it's not like your counting or anything ;-)

6:27 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Handsome!

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!