Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Serious Hat Head on Super Bowl Sunday







I had great plans for today:


wash hair


make Super Bowl Sunday horse devours


vacuum


weave


roast a chicken




I got the chicken into it's clay pot for a quick 80 minute roast and managed to wash my hair when Mr Princess came into the house to inform me our eldest ewe, Soot, looked like she was finally ready to lamb. She has ketosis, which luckily we caught early, so have had concerns. So I pulled a wool hat over my wet head and grabbed the lambing supplies and out the door I went. To make a long story short, Soot had triplets, all ewes and two were born strong and healthy. The third one didn't make it. I also managed to remember the chicken between lambs 2 and 3 and ran back to the house to pull it out of the oven. I didn't really run because we have lots of ice and it is slippery!


I believe in miracles..........GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spell check still isn't working

any ideas????



4 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Okay, that little ewe is steaming she is so new. Wow! It's always sad to hear one didn't make it, but I understand that is part of the circle of life.

If anyone asks about the hair, just say you're trying out a new style.
:)

1:19 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Go Giants indeed. That Manning gene pool is pretty impressive. What a Super Bowl Sunday for you - you win some kind of prize, don't know what but some kind of touchdown.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

I really love to see your photos, just found your blog via Carol. I'll be back!

2:58 PM  
Blogger beadlizard said...

Oh drat -- just started to read this post and realized I didn't put the chicken in the oven. Yikes. What on earth can I make for supper! I'll have to catch up on reading your posts (sick again, got behind) later. Sure do find your blog inspiring. --Syl

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!