Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Down To The Wire

another pair of Fetching fingerless mittens on top of one of the scarves (queen's cord) I wove. Shows both sides. Clever?
My daily fuzzy photo. This is a chunky cable scarf half done. I hope I can finish it today so it can be washed and dried before Christmas day. Wager anyone>
Both scarves. Bob thinks they're terrific, which is interesting since he notices little . I'm somewhat pleased. I see some beating inconsistencies which infuriates me because I took care attempting to beat the same each throw.

There is a third scarf that will not become a scarf but small coin purses or (eye)glass cases. As easy as the treadling was, my right foot always wanted to dance to a different song than what was written. There are three places that I failed to catch my little foot breaking into a cha cha cha. Yeah, I could fix it but I'm not gonna!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Down to the wire, indeed. Merry Christmas, Marie.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Merry Christmas!

I finished weaving my mom's saddle blanket at 2 am Christmas morning - what a marathon of weaving.

As a novice weaver I'm definitely learning that the way you set up the treadles can really slow you down. I thought I was being slick when I realized treadles 1 through 4 could be shared with 5 through 8.

I should have just hooked up the extra four treadles so I could have tromped a little less clumsily.

"Wait didn't I just do 1, 2, 3, 4? Or was the 5, 6, 7, 8?" Talk about sleep deprived confusion!

Take care,
Christine
www.thingsIdo.typepad.com
(Speaking of confusion, my Blogger ID is a tad painful. Sorry about that.)

7:28 PM  
Blogger Spindlers2 said...

Happy New Year!

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!