Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Hell Freezes Over

My typical blurry photo. I was feeling rather blurry eyed by the time I took this. Matches my brain.
I once said I'd never, ever knit gloves. Okay, these are called fingerless gloves, but there are fingers, albeit half fingers. One down, one to go. I found about 6 colors of Heilo in the stash and decided to knit a more interesting glove, using up the remnants. These are a gift for a friend that mentioned a few years ago she needed some fingerless gloves. She wasn't hinting that I knit or buy them for her, it was just a passing comment. I had other Christmas gift ideas for her, but the Christmas budget (ha!) wouldn't allow for either. Google, being my friend, found this pattern. This took three evenings of tv knitting. The first night was spent knitting 8 half fingers and figuring out the placement. The instructions are very clear. My mind isn't. I joined them that first night. The second night I got up to the ribbing. Last night I completed the glove. Now it's time for the dreaded second glove. Why is the first always fun and the second such a drag? Rhetorical question.

1 Comments:

Blogger Charleen said...

They are so cool! I've got lots of little bits of Heilo too but at the rate things are going around here I'll be lucky to get one (half)finger done.

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!