Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving is over, so back to work!


(notice the new heddles?)
The Union is beamed for 3 rugs. Two will be denim runners. I cut the denim strips 1" wide and will lay two strips in each shed. That's the plan today. I'm undecided what to use as weft for the third rug. I have Pendelton "worms" in this colorway so that is a possibility. I also have some acrylic chenille that could be doubled or tripled. I could use the chenille and the worms. I still need to thread the heddles and sley the reed. Hey, a girl can only do so much in a day.



Another double weave blanket. This is ready to be woven. Since the last photo from last week, it remained untouched until today. I wound it on and it's tied onto the front. It's a "go".



Thanksgiving was wonderful. Three of the four Evil Spawns came, along with my son-in-law and two grandsons. The boys helped Bob burn many brush fires and chop down saplings. Nothing like child labor.

4 Comments:

Blogger Charleen said...

Gorgeous, but then I'm a sucker for a new warp picture! I like the color layout for the doubleweave blanket. Are the wider blue stripes going to be on the outside?

7:35 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Yes, Charleen. The wider blue stripes will be on the outside edges.
I like new warps too...then I must weave it off!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

So nice to see such industry! And aren't we lucky to call this *work*?

7:31 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

OH man, I've just read Leigh's and Sara's blogs showing weaving industry and I have to *go* to work tomorrow. Sara's right - you're lucky.

The top loom only two treadles which looks kinda odd but I haven't seen that many looms. Is it a compu-dobby??

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!