Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Saturday, November 03, 2007

All Fixed!

Don't you love it when a plan comes together? The errant panel has been successfully shortened!












carefully cut the weft at each side of the panel and pull out the length.









When you're 3 rows from matching the lengths, stop cutting the weft shots at each end and carefully pull out a continuous length. This will be the yarn for sewing the hem stitch.








Making the hem stitch.










Locking in the stitch











Hem stitches completed














All matched up!



A very pink hat


Now it's time to wind off the next warp. Tonight I'll twist the fringe and wash the blanket.
Sharon, except for the past two weeks, I can honestly say I completed more projects when I worked. I managed my time much better than I do now. I can procrastinate now and that is not a good quality. I have a room I started painting, oh, about 3 years ago and still haven't finished it. I ran out of primer and asked Mr Princess to take down this huge gun of some importance off the wall. It's still mounted and I have yet to get the primer. We won't talk about the cupboards in the old kitchen that haven't been finished, or my bedroom walls that are in serious need of paint. You're working, making money and will retire well. I will move my refrigerator box to your farm to retire !!!! Now settle down, make some soap and smile!






























3 Comments:

Blogger beadlizard said...

I love the way the blue-black dye turned out, and your seams and hem stitch are perfect. Lovely!

The photos of the pond make me yearn for real autumn, which we don't get out here. I miss that crunch of leaves underfoot and the crisp air. --Syl

11:18 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Silly girl. I'm never going to retire. That's what I tell them at work and they're scared.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

My but you sound busy. Thanks for the seaming photos!

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!