Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Productive Week

I knit a Lopi sweater this week. My last blog entry noted that I prefer texture in knitting, and I do...but! I had this in my stash and figured I'd better do something with it. It has been a few years since I've knit a Lopi sweater and had forgotten how heavy it is and how it affects the length. I opted for the XS length and still ended up with a sweater almost 3" longer than my preference. The main color is more of a navy, but this shot shows the detail better than the other picture.
I cut 4.5#s of fabric. Here it is. Sure doesn't look like that much to me! This will be for placemats, I'm hoping a dozen, and maybe a runner as well. The rug loom is beamed but not threaded or sleyed.
The blanket is ready to be beamed. I'll do that tomorrow. It's the only part of weaving I don't like. If I had more room I think, no, I know it would be less of a hassle.
...........and that has been my week.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Wow - you sure make retirement look good! Great sweater and I'm looking forward to the produce of your loom.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

You knit that gorgeous sweater in a week!!! Good grief, but I'm behind the power curve. Too much thinking and not enough doing.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

Leigh, it's only 3.5 sts/inch! Knit on 10.5 needles. It's a quick knit even for we, the slow knitters.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!