Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Friday, October 12, 2007

1-2-3 WEAVE






The Union is warped for placemats and some strips will be cut into smaller 1/2" strips for placemats. The denim may become a rug or more placemats. I have a table full of jeans waiting to be cut .
The Harrisville needs to be warped, but I decided to wind warp and weft for a blanket instead. I had some 4/8 wool in my stash that is perfect for a toasty blanket. I decided on a sett of 10, plain weave, probably warp face. Tied a bunch of bouts for ikat. So, I went to the dye shelf. I'm going to dye me some black, thought I. Nope, not enough if using 4% DOS, so I mixed 4% navy and black. So, whatever it dyes is what it will be. I love it when I'm profound! The weft is soaking and will see a dye pot tomorrow since I'm using my dye pots for the warp. Hmmm, maybe I'll fire up the roaster!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

You've certainly got my attention. I have to remind myself when the awe and jealousy creep in that you're retired. But two projects?! That's definitely awe inspiring. BTW, The link to Bonnie's blanket in your last post didn't work for me.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Wow! You have been a busy bee. I can't wait to see how the placemats turn out.

5:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!