Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Friday, September 07, 2007

Mystery Shawl III

Bad angle, but whadya gonna do? That is not an error to the left of the point. I must have disturbed the line prior to the crappy photo shoot.

My favorite part of the shawl.
I think this will be a gift for my Mom. The shawl is much shorter than I thought it would be after blocking. Mom uses a walker so doesn't need something "else" to trip her up. I don't even know if she'll wear it. Often gifts we all think she'll like go into her drawer because (1) she doesn't want to ruin it, (2)she need to find the right thing to wear it with, (3)waiting for a special occasion to wear it. You know the drill.
You can't see the beading in the photo at all. Shucks!
Or maybe I'll wear it. Out to the barn. Because that is where I go.

4 Comments:

Blogger beadlizard said...

What a good idea to give a shorter shawl to a lady with a walker. Hmmm. You just solved one of my gift problems -- thanks!

I love the color, and the beads sparkle a bit in the upper photos. Pretty.

My family wears everything I make them until it's worn out, then they beg for more. Nothing is ever saved for "best" -- it's more likely to end up in the mending basket from having a hard life.

Did you enjoy the clues and mystery aspect of knitting this shawl? --Syl

9:54 AM  
Blogger Charleen said...

So pretty, Marie! I love the color and the beads do show up, especially when you click on the full-sized photo.

7:38 PM  
Blogger countrywool said...

Oh, Marie, it is breathtaking!

3:48 AM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Gorgeous! I'm amazed that you got it done so quickly. Good color choice too.

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!