Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Friday, July 27, 2007

question

Does anyone recall whose blog, months and months ago, talked about using smooth stones as a resist? She placed one stone at a time on the fabric then tied it. I can't recall if the fabric was then submerged or if the dye was painted on. I see pro's and con's for each. I thought I'd never forget whose blog had featured this! Help!!! Either email me or answer here. If you don't recall the blog I'd love to hear your opinion on the appropriate dye application.

I have two new sarongs to play with. One is silk and one a gauze cotton. I have a pvc pipe for a shabori application and the other sarong will undergo the rock technique. No idea which will be which.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ruth S. said...

Hey Marie, is this it?

http://blog.lisacall.com/2007/04/stones-and-etsy.html

Ruth

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!