Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Monday, June 04, 2007

Home made cheese press. My first hard cheese. It's aging in the basement now and we'll see, in 3 months, how good I'm at this. We're "in" milk now, lots and lots of milk. I'm pretty tired of soft cheese but can't let the milk go to the pigs all of the time. I suppose I should make more hard cheese (just in case it does turn out well), but it takes the entire day just to get it to the press. There are other things I'd rather do.





The German Flag Rug, or so I thought. The first two photos are of the denim runner that I needed in the Old Kitchen, now laundry room/dye room/milk house. I'm very pleased with this rug! I think it's 96" long, sett 12, strips cut 1" wide, beaten into oblivion.






This is the rug that I had spent so much time sewing the strips together to create a pattern in the weft. While winding the strips onto the rag shuttle I noticed that one of the reds was rubbing off. I took a sample to the sink and stuck it under water..........uh oh! All the fabric had been washed and dried months ago and I didn't pick up on this one red. I cut it all out and just randomly sewed the strips back together. I really, really like this rug.


I re-thread for a log cabin rug. Stay tuned.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

You should be pleased with your rugs - they look great!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Bev said...

Wow! These are terrific. Now I know why you've been so quiet. And so pooped!

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look really great!

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!