Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Retraction with an edit in the final paragraph

The blue stripe IS purple. Of course it is. Blue + red = purple

While waiting for sleep, I was lamenting about getting true color with my camera. It really is a problem. It seems the only spot in the house where I can ~~usually~~get a good shot, is in the kitchen by the refrigerator. Such a lovely back drop! As I was drifting off, it occurred to me that the stripe would have to be purple (see above). I got out of bed and came downstairs and studied that stripe. Yes, it's purplish. It wasn't the camera, it was my denial. I could have used black for the weft, and did try it, but didn't like it.

Carol, it is a great color scheme. Thanks for agreeing! My kitchen, in fact, are these colors. I love it. All warm and comfy.

Sharon, I do design in the reed. I have threads going all over the place. I really like items that are asymmetrical, but when I try to find a pleasing composition my piece is always symmetrical. After the first half of the reed is filled, the rest of the sleying goes quickly.

Charleen, yes, I'll discuss "liquor ratio" one of these days. When I'm clear thinking. Stop laughing!

One more thing. I just edited the feta blog. For once I actually followed the recipe as "writ"....brine solution way, way too salty. Add one tablespoon at a time to the 20 oz of water, taste, add until the solution is just over your piss off line of too salty. I'd say 2T is sufficient. After brining for no more than 2 days, allow the feta to drain on a paper towel for the entire day. I then freeze the cheese unless I'm making spinach pie in the next day or two.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bev said...

Okay... now we need your recipe for spinach pie. That sounds wonderful. Do you do the true spanokopia with phyllo? Or what?

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!