Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Why?

....am I not knitting or spinning? I'm not bored with either one, but in the evening, when I once did one or the other, or sometimes both (not at the same time), I just sit in my chair now and watch TV. While I'm watching whatever, I feel like I am wasting time, and I am. I continue to half listen to TV and half listen to my nagging inner voice.

I can't find a chair I'm really comfortable in for spinning. I have a spinners chair which I was so excited to get, but I'm not comfortable in it. The closest I've come to finding the "perfect" chair is one of those canvas fold-up camping chairs. It's perfect for this height-challenged body but a bit too low for my wheel. There is no place in the small living room for the chair except in front of the fire place. Then I have to set up a table for "my stuff". Once all that is done no one can walk because the dogs have the rest of the floor space.

Then there is the knitting. I have a sweater that has been going on for a year. I have a sock aging only for a month, but still....

Why?

2 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

I found a great chair for spinning at a thrift store. It's from the Phillipines made from woven bamboo and has a cushion seat. It gives as I move and the seat is soft. When my husband hurt his back and was off work, I realized I needed to give it to him for a computer chair. I'm looking for another one, still looking....

3:10 PM  
Blogger countrywool said...

Saturn just turned direct, and we are all contemplating our Next Move. You need to do something different for a while to give yourself space.

No pressure. Put away the knitting and spinning. Clean up the house and just sit there listening to the birds.

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!