Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Newest Project


This is the best I could capture the colors. The painted warp bouts show true color. The ikat is much too pale in the photo and the solid looks a bit more sedate than it really is. The ikat should have been a deep evergreen. Where did I go wrong? I could have over dyed but decided my muse tricked me for a reason. Who am I to argue?
I'm still not sure what this will be when it grows up, but my default plan is shawl or dish towels. Or a TV cozy.
Next warp will be in reds (I hope) and oranges and golds. That's my plan. My plan sometimes works and sometimes goes kerplunk. Kerplunk can be good. I do weigh and measure and keep copious notes. The rest is left to the Universe. Somewhere between my scale and end product there is interference by some entity.
That's my story.

4 Comments:

Blogger beadlizard said...

Beautiful colors. Some of my best projects have been the ones where Fickle Fate's Finger tampered with the dye pot. Can't wait to see the fabric you weave! --Syl

9:08 AM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Wow, I love the colors of the painted warp! Yum! About the "kerplunks" you know what "they" say, "There are no mistakes, only opportunities." It seems to me that sometimes it's simply a matter of switching mental gears. At any rate, your dyeing projects are very inspirational.

About going to the other side, never fear. However, I have had the same question as you about how to tie off the end of the lashing cord. Like you I go round and round the apron rod and then pull it through in a sort of half hitch. So far it has stayed. I will have to research this and see if I can find out the "proper" way to tie it off!

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your photography aside from your wonderful warp is really beautiful and inspiring.

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Muncie Carpet Cleaning said...

Thanks for posting thhis

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!