Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Ikat done

It's really navy but the flash washed out some of the color. The entire piece will be navy and will probably be dish towels. I won't be getting this on the loom for quite a while, but it'll be ready when I am.
I'm just getting ready to begin the fourth and final panel for the navy and white check blanket. Then I get to stitch to panels together...lets hope it's an uneventful event. Are you feeling a navy theme here?
We use the pond as a natural fence line for the pigs. Or did. Yesterday I watched them march their chunky bodies across the pond for a look around. They enjoyed themselves and came home at feeding time. Pigs-capades. The weather has been too cold for slaughter.
The house kids are out in the barn now, thankfully. It is a pain to have to go out and feed them their bottles, but at least the floor is dry now and I can spin without fear of one or all of them eating the roving.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Pigs, walking on water, fun! Nice ikat warps too, I just may be inspired.

7:56 AM  
Blogger KarenInTheWoods said...

HI Marie... been chatting with your buddy Bev lately. She sent me your link to here.

You have GREAT dyeing stuff! I sent Bev a few of my dyeing photos to share with you too. I know I have seen your sig before .. on a spinning list?

I am also a weaver, spinner, dyer, and antique sock machine knitter.

Located WAYYYY up in the northwoods of Wisconsin where we are glare ice, snow, and high winds today... sigh, ain't Spring ever gonna come?

KarenInTheWoods

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!