Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Saturday, February 17, 2007

One more last night


Sara The Doe had one live kid last night. She is big and the other one was bigger, but had died en route to the World. Sara passed away as well. We grieved a few days ago since we were fairly certain she wouldn't make it. She was our first dairy doe and the best damned mother ever. She will be missed.

4 Comments:

Blogger Leigh said...

So sorry to hear about Sara. I know it must feel very sad. So much new life around though. Very precious, that.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm sorry to hear about Sara.
I love the pictures you've been posting of the new ones. They come, and they go, and we love them and miss them.

6:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Marie,
I think I met Sara years ago. she was a sweetie. I'm so sorry. Do enjoy her offspring and may she live long and prosper.

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby--I'm so sorry you lost her mother and a sibling.

The pictures are just lovely.

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!