Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Busy


I thought this would make a pretty photo. I took four shots and was ready to open the window to break the ice off when it fell....through the glass cantilevered green house roof! Oh my. Well, that was a week ago. Today I sat on the back porch in blessed warmth. Need two new glass panels.
I have woven off four ruanas and have another four waiting to be put on the loom. I took the day off and painted some warps and tossed a %$@-load of ikat bouts into a dye bucket. I'm so careful with the wrapped ikat bundles but the resist tape always catches onto threads from either it's own bundle or a neighboring one. No idea how to overcome this. I suppose I could just quit my never ending quest in ikat experimentation.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leigh said...

Wow, you've been busy, and productive. Those two things don't necessarily go hand in hand.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Yikes! to the glass panels, and Yay! to the weaving and dyeing. It's all balance, eh?

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!