Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Monday, February 26, 2007

Off the loom


One more doe had twins..........I promise, no more pictures of them unless there is something really unique.


I finished weaving the blanket. I'm in the process of sewing the four panels together. Regardless of technique, I'm not all that pleased with the appearance of the sewing. I've sewn panels together before, and after wet finishing and pressing it has looked great. I have not gotten to the final processes yet, but I am hoping after all is said and done (and perhaps a year later) I'll be happy with it. The actual squares match up, so that's no the problem. I've stitched pick to pick, pick to space, figure 8, zig zag. Ah, life is full of lemons some days.


And bottles.

2 Comments:

Blogger beadlizard said...

Your squares are so very square! Looks wonderful.

I have a couple of handspun handwoven linsey-woolsey blankets from an early 1800's Maine Sylvia, and they're both made of sewn panels, a rather bulky lap seam down the center. Various Sylvias have mended them over the years, one with pink mercerized cotton, and it makes them even more precious to me.

Eye of the beholder, you know?

10:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think your blanket is absolutely lovely! Great job Marie. Good luck with the lambing/kidding. I always like a later lambing time. I have a ewe, Clarabelle, at a friend's place back home and she is due in a week. Let's hope for ewe babies!

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!