Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Tales of Woe and Pictures, Pictures, Pictures

We're back on dial-up. Less than a year ago we bit the bullet and paid an incredible amount of money to get satellite since cable and dsl wasn't available. At best, we found satellite to be of little use because it was unpredictable and we got very little tech support. Yup, at its best! Imagine what I really want to say. Bottom line folks,there are too many subscribes assigned to a single satellite. I do know only one person who has no problems with this company and she is not in this state. Two weeks ago we learned dsl was finally available and signed up for it (having to pay a very hefty satellite penalty). We had (past tense) the service for less than 5 days and poof! no dsl. It's now been 8 days without dsl and we're back on dial-up. No idea when the dsl will be back. There is an explanation which I don't understand. But it has to do with a "box" that only "one" person knows how to install at some undisclosed location. I won't go into having the first modem shipped to an address 8 miles away to a town I've never lived in only to be told that they can't change the address because it's my primary address. Huh? Three modems later the billing is still wrong because I apparently I don't know where I live, but where ever it is, it is my primary residence.

Here are two of the 3.5 "What If" towels. These are samples that I can look at to pull designs from. Set at 20 epi, it's easy to count how many threads were tied. One resist is on top of the next, but artistic placement wasn't the aim, but one of little samples. The blue is bluer, darker, very indigo-ish.
I kind of like this one as is. Lets call it Thunderstorm
When you have no internet service you pull out old shirts and polyester-cotton aprons and dyes.





Very ethnic, no? Very blurry, but then I'm on dial-up, I'm short and I've had my first cocktail.
Love this............a tartan on acid...
The "in word" is "organic"
Silk scarf waiting for me to pull out the metallic paint and go a little wild.

4 Comments:

Blogger Leigh said...

So sorry to hear you don't have a clue as to where you live. The DSL gods must have it right, no? But..... your dye projects look great!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Bev said...

The dyeing is great! While I'd love to have you back on DSL, I think you are having great success with your "slow" time.

bev

10:54 PM  
Blogger beadlizard said...

Oh, that next-to-last green plaid is scrumptuous.

We're in a narrow spot of just a few houses on a cliff where they cannot get us the high-speed DSL available to the rest of the neighborhood, so I worked my way up through levels of managers until someone gave me, her idea, the normal DSL for half price. Best of luck with that. --syl

10:10 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I'm trying to not be discouraged by your story. We have been on satellite for almost five years and are dancing a jig because we're finally getting DSL this month, or so they tell us.

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!