Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Shawl is woven and given


Here is a photo of the shawl I made for Mim. She brought back a sarong for me from India late last year. Mim just got back from Rwanda and (brain fart) where ever the wild critter roam.** Poor girl is freezing. She hasn't been in cooler weather for quite a while.
There was enough left on the warp to weave a 60" runner, a 36" dish towel and a smaller piece at the very end that could be a liner for a bread basket.
I'm very pleased.
I hope Mim catches up with her sleep soon. Poor girl. It took 24 hrs to get back home.
**Kenya

6 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

I love the result - the colors are wonderful together and it has such a nice drape. You're right about cotton!

10:16 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Too pretty, both the shawl and Mim :)

7:08 AM  
Blogger beadlizard said...

A perfect match! --syl

1:53 PM  
Blogger Charleen said...

Beautiful! The shawl is positively glowing and Mim looks like she's loving it!

2:34 AM  
Blogger Leigh said...

You should be pleased! Wonderful use of color. Yum!

4:55 AM  
Blogger jenn said...

Cool shawl ... it's very lovely!

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!