Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Two Green Rugs



Small rug in the kitchen.
















Long rug




















The same long rug


















A more accurate color









I just ordered more of this fabric, like 11.5#s more! Not only do I like the dark green, it's better suited for our life style, ie. manure. I also ordered the companion color fabric, burgundy. Now I'll have to change the stripes since there is red in there. I think next time I'll have stripes only on the sides and black in the center. To do that I must order more black since I only have 12 cones of black. The set is 12 epi, the sectional beam is 2". No, I will NOT wind off. Too labor intensive and my brain leaks when having to make sure the counter is actually counting.

Mr Princess put another back beam on for me. He had dried a piece of cherry that he milled a few years ago. Unfortunately it is beginning to bow. He'll cut another piece and attach a piece of angle iron. I sure hope that works. I was so pleased with the new beam and the rugs were the better for it! Once that is rectified, I'll take the first rugs I made on the Union apart and reweave them.


3 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

The rugs look great! I like the little sparks of plum in the green fabric.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I am so impressed. You are such a productive weaver. I bow to your astounding results.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Very nice! Now you've got me thinking of rug weaving. And lucky you for getting a 2nd back beam!

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!