Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Will I die dyeing?




Painting warp
A young friend of mine will be leaving the valley for the College of the Atlantic in the fall. It's in Bar Harbor, ME, and I think he'll need a warm blanket. The two of us put our heads together and came up with some colors that he likes. I spent four days with the warp and I'm on day 2 dyeing the weft.




Painted warp
About 1/3 of the weft
I wound 3 pounds of wool into skeins. Once they were all laid out I could see that some of the wool was snow white and a little less than half had a pink undertone. Whoosh! I then had to rethink how to dye the weft. My calculations tell me that I'll need a bit more than what I have in either white shade. I'm dyeing up three different shades going from a red-brown to a yellow-gold. All skeins were tied with resists then dyed. The resists will be removed and the skeins over-dyed tomorrow. We'll see what kind of mess I can get into this time!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bev said...

But, Marie! we LUV your "messes. Keep it up. I like the colors fine. Can't wait to see how it comes out.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

You've got my attention - looking forward to the next report.

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!