Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Pillow done



Andy's blanket and pillow are ready to be wrapped and given.
What I would have done differently: made this warp faced as I do with cotton. I was afraid the fabric would have been too stiff and this was not the softest wool to begin with. I do think that I could have pushed the sett to 10 and still would have a good hand. I hear your collective mantras, "sample, sample, sample".
Charleen and I will be going on another GREAT ADVENTURE next week. We're off to Claudia's, the quilt shop and WEBS!!! My youngest son wants a blanket and I'm noodling dye ideas.
Sara, we miss you too! I hope you'll be at SOAR in PA next year. Be there or be square! We'll make your life interesting if you come. I'm hoping to light a fire under Claudia and get her to submit an application to teach. The four of us could certainly change the complexion of an otherwise typical retreat. I've been to one retreat, so what do I know? Consider this bait.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

How beautiful, what a lucky man Andy is.

I envy you your next adventure! Have fun, bend an elbow in my name, and yes, I'll try to make it to PA!

9:41 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I love the way you create color variations by varying your bouts. I'm planning to copy you this winter - thought I'd try that and use the results to recover some dog-chewed sofa pillows.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Lovely!

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!