Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Monday, October 01, 2007

Howetown Fall Harvest Show

Smokin' Bacon

Bob spent the weekend smoking his hard cheese and various cuts of our pork. He fed the crowds well. Meanwhile, Herself was up in the small house weaving and starving!


Bob's Smokehouse


I think it looks like an outhouse. The wood burning stove is behind the house at the end of the dirt pile covering the pipe. Honest, no body is buried there.


Galvanized Tub












Cook stove to warm your thighs















Front Porch Laundromat


























Union Special





please tilt your head to the right.





yup, more work to be done on this puppy. Winter's work. 'Nuff said!

My corner of the world this weekend.
Hungry Me.



Canadian Production Wheel

It will be spinning next year. I promise you!










Does anyone know why the pictures are so far apart in the preview area? I have no idea what this will look like published. I want the pictures to stay put!

6 Comments:

Blogger Leigh said...

What great photos. And I can't believe you have a smoker! My DH will be envious. We've read and re-read that chapter in the Little House on the Prairie books to try and figure it out. Plus, I really like the idea of smoking hard cheese.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Leigh, try the Foxfire books. I'll try to remember to ask Bob which one.

8:12 PM  
Blogger kim said...

Your Canadian lady looks to be in very good shape - what needs to be done? If you run into any issues, Dave at The Merlin Tree is fantastic with these wheels, as is Fred Hatton over in Lords Valley. The Hattons are at http://antique-spinning-wheels.blogspot.com

7:56 AM  
Blogger Charleen said...

The wheel is gorgeous! Were there others demonstrating fiber crafts too?

When I first saw the smokehouse the first thing I thought of was outhouse - great minds thing alike :-)

6:56 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Great pictures. The Foxfire books take me back. I loved them and expected to grow up to be just like them. That and the Whole Earth Catalog. Someone at work today called me "Granola" - made me laugh. I'm sending a link of this post to my friend who also has a Canadian wheel - I think she'll enjoy your post.

10:26 PM  
Blogger beadlizard said...

First thought was "outhouse"...

I miss thigh-warming stoves. The dinky electric with shorting burners and a miniature oven doesn't do the trick, though my washer has a better vibration than a wringer(!).

Love those Union Specials. The Canadian is beautiful. What a life! --syl

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!