Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Next up, but with a delay


I wound a warp for another double weave blanket last night. The reed is sleyed and I hope to get some of the heddles threaded today. I probably won't get back to the loom until Monday. Three "ewe"-th-ful friends from MD are coming up tomorrow for the weekend. I miss living near them. They are responsible for this crazy weaving and, in fact, my spinning. They're now into felting and I refuse to succumb! Dalis has a blog, but the other two are blog-less.........which is a shame and perhaps something I can change! They are all so artistic, talented!
My four children, at least one spouse and two grandchildren will be going over the river and through the woods and will arrive here sometime late Wednesday. The traffic sucks this time of year and they all have to go by D.C. I was 4 hours closer when we lived in MD. I really do like it here, but I'm so %&()# far away that I don't see them often.
But I've gotten away from the weaving. So, I won't be weaving until they leave sometime next weekend. Not weaving will be a good thing. I need a rest. However, the placemats and runner won't be ready to send back down South, wrapped in festive paper.....but will have to travel via the post office. Obviously the blanket will suffer the same fate.
I hope to get some pictures of the Ewes felting and knitting and spinning! They won't be coming up with their looms. I don't think they will. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

3 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Thanks for the link to Dalis - I added her to my Bloglines. Sounds like you're going to making some great memories over the weekend with friends and next week with family. I can relate. I may be broke, but I'm rich.

8:27 PM  
Blogger bspinner said...

Can't wait to see your blanket. Have fun this weekend!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Oh, my! I hope your family doesn't get too bogged down in this DC traffic. Just commuting to work here is insane.

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!