Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Monday, November 12, 2007

Blanket off the loom


I've only woven double weave once before and wasn't all that pleased. This time I am and will certainly do this again. Easy, easy, easy! The center fold is not at all evident, much to my surprise.
It measures 48 x 72 plus 3" fringe at each end.
My fringe twister is wearing out and I fear it's time to search ebay for another one.
The wool is mill ends from Webs
Kraemer Textiles, Inc.
4/8.0 W.C.
sett 9 (18 doubled)
ppi 9

4 Comments:

Blogger Woven Spun said...

That looks great. I fear the double weave although I really want to try it...someday.

8:05 AM  
Blogger beadlizard said...

Absolutely lovely. I knew it would be gorgeous! Doubleweave is such fun.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Charleen said...

Bravo, Marie!!!! It looks great. I love the colors.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Leigh said...

Very nice indeed. I would be interested in any tips on weaving the fold. My few attempts at double weave left an obvious crease. OK for the projects, but not top open up as one larger piece.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!